Michelle Rozell, Heritage Tourism Manager
P. (719) 689-3315 Toll Free (877) 858-4653
CLICK HERE TO SEND Michelle Rozell AN EMAIL
The Heritage Tourism Department honors and promotes the heritage of the community with city facilities that showcase that heritage, and plans a variety of year-round recreational activities. The department educates the public on the history of the Cripple Creek area; directs flow of visitors to other Cripple Creek attractions, businesses and casinos, and monitors and measures center productivity.
NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING IS ALLOWED IN THE HERITAGE CENTER OR JAIL MUSEUM PARKING LOTS.
To contribute to the city council’s vision of creating a vibrant Western community for residents and visitors that honors the community’s heritage and builds on a variety of year-round activities.
Goals and objectives:
- Transform the Cripple Creek Heritage Center and its surrounding areas into a welcoming gateway to Cripple Creek.
- Educate the public on the history of the area.
- Attract and retain (overnight) as many visitors as possible.
- Direct the flow of visitors into as many Cripple Creek casinos, retail businesses and attractions as possible.
- Monitor and measure center productivity to facilitate its continuous improvement.
- Provide information kept by the Welcome Center to all Cripple Creek casinos, retail
businesses and attractions.