Michelle Rozell, Heritage Tourism Director
P. (719) 689-3315 Toll Free (877) 858-4653
CLICK HERE TO SEND Michelle Rozell AN EMAIL
The Heritage Tourism Department honors and promotes the heritage of the community with city facilities that showcase that heritage, and plans a variety of year-
round recreational activities. The department educates the public on the history of the Cripple Creek area; directs flow of visitors to other Cripple Creek attractions, businesses and casinos, and monitors and measures center productivity.
To contribute to the city council’s vision of creating a vibrant Western community for residents and visitors that honors the community’s heritage and builds on a variety of year-round activities.
Goals and objectives:
- Transform the Cripple Creek Heritage Center and its surrounding areas into a welcoming gateway to Cripple Creek.
- Educate the public on the history of the area.
- Attract and retain (overnight) as many visitors as possible.
- Direct the flow of visitors into as many Cripple Creek casinos, retail businesses and attractions as possible.
- Monitor and measure center productivity to facilitate its continuous improvement.
- Provide information kept by the Welcome Center to all Cripple Creek casinos, retail
businesses and attractions.