Carol Stotts, Human Resources Director
P. (719) 689-3469 F. (719) 689-3705
CLICK HERE TO SEND AN EMAIL
The Human Resources Department handles administrative issues related to city employees and city council members. The HR department provides tort and policy guidance to city leadership in order to attract, support and retain a quality, professional work force. It helps employees maximize available programs and benefits and monitors insurance programs and Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
To provide a human resources program that provides quality services and support in employment, training, employee relations, benefits, compensation, safety and wellness while doing so with integrity and responsiveness.
Goals and objectives:
1) Help employees maximize the benefits and programs available to them through the City:
– Provide information and answer questions related to programs and benefits.
– Research available programs and resources for City staff.
2) Maintain the efficiency of the HR Department:
– Ensure that the staff of the HR Department are provided the tools, training and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner.
– Continue to monitor the cost of the insurance programs to include: Health, Dental, Vision, Gap, LTD, and Life
– Coordinate benefits insurance renewal.
– Continue to monitor and maintain coverage of worker’s compensation insurance.
– Coordinate worker’s compensation insurance renewal.
– Coordinate property/casualty insurance renewal.
3) Provide a work atmosphere that is safe and healthy:
– New hire orientation-employees given an explanation of the importance of the program, general health and safety rules, and a safety committee member list.
– Hold monthly safety/wellness meetings with requirement of one member from each department present. Accidents/Incidents from the previous month are reviewed for prevention ideas, discuss safety and wellness topics, share problems and ideas by each member.
– Each department will hold quarterly safety training.
– Yearly inspections performed at buildings operated by the City.
– Research and utilize CIRSA’s available training resources for the benefit of our employees and the City.
4) Establish, administer, interpret, enforce and effectively communicate sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and respect while maintaining City compliance with City, State, and Federal employment regulations.
Downloadable forms & information:
application for employment
supplemental police Application
Drug & Alcohol Testing Policy & Procedure Manual
Drug & Alcohol Policy – Transit
family Medical Leave Act – Employee Rights & Responsibilities
personnel policy & procedures manual