Mickey Groves, Water & Waste Water Director
P. (719) 689-0499 F. (719) 689-0313
Click HERE to send Mickey Groves an email
To provide a suitable effluent product to discharge into the Arkansas River draining system by carefully controlling all discharge parameters. To acquire and supply Cripple Creek with potable water to meet current and future demands as well as fire protection requirements.
Goals and Objectives:
- Sample site monitoring program using software for updates at the waste treatment plant.
- Establish Internet web access for 400 pipes.
- Complete site changes for expansion project on biosolids.
- Clean and inspect water plant storage tank.
- Complete disinfection at byproduct sample sites.
- Prepare for LT2 and unregulated contaminants monitoring for drinking water.
- Provide reliable delivery of potable water to meet all requirements.
- Replace old, thin, undersized and shallow water mains.
- Replace old, inoperable and shallow fire hydrants.
- Install meters at all businesses and residential properties.
- Improve the appearance of Cripple Creek (the stream).
- Secure additional water rights to provide ample supply for growth.
- Work with city administration to implement development projects.