Public Notices

PUBLIC NOTICE: Free Youth Mental Health First Aid Classes

May 5, 2017 • 8 am – 5 pm
Cripple Creek-Victor Junior/Senior High School Cafeteria
410 N B Street, Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Includes free daycare for attendees, lunch and books.
Download Brochure for more info

What is Youth Mental Health First Aid?
Youth Mental Health First Aid is the help given to someone developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis resolves.

Course Content
The Youth MHFA course teaches adults how to assist adolescents who are developing a mental health problem or who are in a mental health crisis. Participants will learn about adolescent development and the signs and symptoms of these mental health problems, where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective.

Developing mental health problems covered:
• Depression
• Anxiety
• Eating disorders
• Psychosis
• Substance misuse

Mental health crises covered:
• Suicidal thoughts and behaviors
• Non-suicidal self-injury
• Panic attacks
• Traumatic events
• Severe psychotic states
• Acute effects from alcohol or other drug misuse
• Aggressive behaviors

PUBLIC NOTICE: State Highway 67 Repaving Info

Information Release State Hwy 67 Summer Repaving Info 04-20-17


PUBLIC NOTICE: Penrose Health Care Services Offered at New Location

EDGE Rehab & Wellness, Inc. and Gold Rush Dental Continue Offering Services at Medical Plaza

As of January 3, 2017, the Penrose Urgent Care at Cripple Creek, operated by Centura Health – Penrose-St. Francis Health, merged locations with their school-based health center located adjacent to Cresson Elementary School at 412 North C St. in Cripple Creek.

Citing greater efficiencies, Centura Health has discontinued operations at the Cripple Creek Medical Plaza, located on Teller County Hwy 1, to operate solely out of the school-based location. Medical care services that were previously offered by Penrose at the Cripple Creek Medical Plaza are being offered at the school-based location by Linda Hewett, NP. All existing patients of Centura Health as well as any new patients and walk-ins are welcome at the school-based center.

Gail Decker, Vice President Market Partnerships and Network Development for Centura Health states, “We will be accepting walk in patients regardless of whether they are established with the clinic or not. The term “Urgent Care” won’t be used but we will use the term “Walk-Ins are Welcome”. The added benefit is that the patient’s copay will be reduced to that of an office visit and not the higher urgent care copay.”

The hours for the school-based health center are: Monday – Thursday, 9AM – 6PM. In case of emergency, please dial 911 or visit the Urgent Care facility in Woodland Park.

The City of Cripple Creek is working to bring a physician back to the Cripple Creek Medical Plaza. EDGE Rehab & Wellness, Inc. and Gold Rush Dental are continuing to offer their services at the Medical Plaza as usual.


PUBLIC NOTICE: Renters and Owners Policy Change

increasing number of issues created between property owners and renters has prompted the implementation of a policy change.

Beginning January 2016 as the requests for tenant address changes are received, the monthly utility billing will remain in the property owner’s name whom is ultimately the responsible party. All utility charges will be mailed to the property owner. While the renter may pay the utility bill, it will be the property owner’s responsibility to notify the renter of the charges.