Mel Moser, Butte Theater Director
CLICK HERE TO SEND AN EMAIL.
The Butte Theater is a historic building that has been restored in Victorian-era splendor for music, theater and community events. The Butte Theater Board is a nonprofit corporation that supports events at the theater, including a year-round Community Theater Group and professional shows produced by the Thin Air Theatre Company (our resident professional theater company). The theater is also a venue for area fund-raising events, and it has a relationship with Cripple Creek and Victor schools to promote youth cultural activities and teach drama and the arts.
For show times and Tickets please visit:
To realize the city council’s vision of Cripple Creek becoming Colorado’s leading tourist/entertainment gaming destination, and to enhance and preserve the historic heritage and mountain lifestyle of the city.
Goals and objectives:
- Enhance Cripple Creek’s entertainment appeal to families and those in other entertainment markets, with an emphasis on Colorado Springs and Pueblo.
- Promote live entertainment and bring cultural awareness to the community.
- Have a year-round Community Theater Group that performs at least twice a year.
- Have a professional four-show season with a professional cast of community actors.
- Provide a venue community groups can use for fund-raisers.
- Continue relationships with the Cripple Creek and Victor schools to promote youth cultural activities and teach drama and the arts.